... and it's a very mixed bag in my opinion
- Prices (though unannounced) will probably be reasonable
- Screen and camera both improve (5.5" is larger than current, but not terrible)
- Expandable storage via SD card is still there
- Fingerprint reader if you like such things
- No longer waterproof. 3rd gen was true IPX7 waterproof. The new ones are just "splash resistant".
- 3 separate models adds some fragmentation. Probably less likely to see rapid software updates. Probably also going to drive the price-point of the "good one" up quite a bit over the el-cheapo "Play" model.
- No indication that they've gained the gyroscope/compass that the 3rd gen was lacking.